Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's about time for an update!

Life has been busy and rushed the past few months, and my blog seems to have gone by the way side... But being it is January 1, 2013 seems like a great time to start with an update and try and do better... (Side note: This is not a new years resolution.... so don't expect much! ha ha)

To start off with updates, lets mention the most exciting one! I'm 30 weeks pregnant! YAY!! Baby Rowe #2 will be here sometime the beginning of March. We don't know if we are having a girl or a boy, we wanted a surprise baby! How exciting right? Fortunately for me I will have a C-section because I had one with Madi, and so this time around we will just show up to the hospital and the appointed day early in the morning and by not so early in the morning we will have baby #2 in our arms! I'm super excited! AND I won't have gone through hours of labor this time around.
Next exciting news: I have graduated from my PTA program! YAY! I still have to take my licensure exam, so I'm not completely finished... but I am completely done with San Juan College. Let's just say that makes me incredibly happy. I don't have any more trips to NM, and I don't have to register for classes or pay for tuition! Oh happy day... not even to mention text books... :) However, the exam I have left to take is expensive and only offered 4 times a year, and so I will take mine in April. After that.... if I pass... I will be a licensed PTA in North Dakota, and able to work should I choose to do so. The best part is I only have to take that test and pass it once. Lets hope that it is one time and that is the end of it... :) But it is a national test so should we move, I only need to re-license in the new state. I'll have to pay a fee, but I don't ever have to take the test again! So I'm okay with that... The location I did my first internship had offered me a job, but we will see what I decide to do when that time comes. I'm looking for something 1-2x/ week.... because I'm more interested in staying home and being a mom. So time will tell what I end up doing.
Exciting news: Madi had a birthday and turned 3! Craziness... Can't believe it's been 3 years. We had a pirate themed birthday party for her and she had a lot of fun. We had an awesome pirate ship cake, and she had a pirate dress that doubled as her Halloween costume.
Exciting news: Madison is potty trained! Oh happy day! Now... I could really rant and rave about this topic, but I am going to give the shortened version of what is most important for toddlers being potty trained. I have come to learn there is a HUGE difference between  being capable of being potty trained and being ready to be potty trained. My child was capable a year ago to be potty trained, and did it for a few months... however it became very frustrating because she would choose when to go on the toilet and when to just not care... It was then I decided to put it on hold until I didn't have school anymore... Came home from Washington and after a few weeks of being home, she came in my room one morning with a very wet diaper and told me she needed to go  potty on the potty... so I, like any reasonable parent would do, very calmly and whatever like told her "okay if you say so"... took off her diaper and she went on the toilet and then put on panties afterward and has been good to go since. She has had 2 wet accidents since, both of which she waited to long to go and was dancing at her potty as she tried to pull her underwear down, but couldn't get them down in time so just sat on the toilet and went pee through the underwear. The #2 was a little more difficult, but still was her idea and that made it an acceptable action to take. She still dances when she has to go, and waits until the very last second... often leaving little "skid marks" in her underwear... ha ha ha but still she is going in the potty, I don't have to remind her to go, she has decided to do it and that made 100% the difference. I'm also enjoying that this time around I don't have to worry when we go places or even when she is really enjoying a toy or a movie.... she knows when she has to go and she will make it, and I can trust her. SO AWESOME. My favorite part of this whole thing, no matter what part of the house she is in when she has to go she pulls her undies down to her ankles and then runs with them around her ankles to her potty!! SO HILARIOUS... we are going to need to fix this before school.... but until then it is super funny to watch. So a year later I can successfully say... my child is potty trained because now she was ready for it. And congrats to me I have 3 months off of diapers. ha ha ha
Exciting news?: I'm not sure what to call this, but Brian had his appendix removed.... During my internships that were in Washington, Brian stayed in ND to work, you know to pay the bills and my tuition... silly things like that... Anyways we had arranged 4 trips out to WA for him. He flew from Billings to Wenatchee and it had been working awesome. His last trip out he had driven to Billings, which is a 5 hour drive, and was staying in a motel that night as his flight was leaving at 6 am... He texted me around 2 in the morning telling me we needed to move his flight to later because he thought he had food poising. Well moving his flight would make his trip really long and it just wasn't going to work, so he continued to feel sick but decided to still go to the airport and make his flight. So it was 4:45 in the morning and he was checking in for his flight, he was pale and sweating and felt like he had been run over by a semi, but being the champ he is he still checked in and proceeded to wait to board his flight. About 45 mins later when they began boarding his flight he felt really sick and was starting to have serious pain, and called me and we decided he should go to the ER as he couldn't get on his flight like this, and he couldn't make it home... so going to the ER would at least give him something to make the food poisoning be less miserable. So he left the airport went and checked himself into the ER, and it didn't take the MD long to diagnose him with appendicitis. So here I am 700 miles away finding out in the wee hours of the morning my hubby is in a hospital far away from all family and any sort of support system, and he has to have his appendix removed. Sad day... not to mention I thought he was coming to visit and now he was in a hospital instead... :( So I got a flight from Wenatchee to Billings and went to him! Ha ha... ironic.... There are very few things as funny as my hubby on strong meds... He is pretty loopy when it comes to pain killers stronger than tylenol. I didn't make it there until after they had already performed the surgery, so he was feeling much better by the time I got there, which was awesome! Then he was told he couldn't work for 2 weeks... well awesomeness for me... I suggested he come to WA with me and spend his time recovering there! It was a great way to finish out my internships. :) And he is one appendage short now, but recovered great and felt better immediately following surgery. Awesome. 
Less exciting news: Baby Rowe's room is painted! Yay... When we bought this house, that room was the ugliest and we said that it would be the first to be painted. It was a bright teal color... Really bright... It is a pretty color, just not for a small room, or a room in my house... that's my own personal opinion though. :) If you have a bright teal room, props to you for being able to pull it off! :) Anyways the funny part of this story is we have painted every room but the kitchen, and teal room was the last to get painted. funny how it worked out.

Our 2012 ended great, we are all back together in ND and very happy to be home. We had a really fun Christmas at our house, and Brian's parents came up to join us. It was really nice being home and playing Santa for Madi. She really got into Christmas this year. I'm a big fan of nativity sets, and so I have a few. Madi has a fisher price one perfect for her as well. It was fun taking them out and setting them up, and Madi would ask me to tell her the story again and again as she played with the figures. She also learned about Rudolph and Santa and had quite a bit of fun reading stories about them. She would tell us, "Do you know my friend Rudolph?" They became good friends apparently over this Christmas season.





This is like 14 weeks ish....

Murphy and Madi became good friends over our stay in Washington

One of our first weekends we went up to Shari's in Winthrop to enjoy some yummy homemade ice cream.

The weird ice cream statue man...

Some of Madi's other friends..... There was Max, Paisley, Bernadette, Milo, Crazy and It... just to name a few. :)

Other friends that don't belong to Auntie Alyssa

Chocolate brownie mix! So yummy!!

At the state fair to see Alyssa and her bunnies, we found a monkey! She loved him!!

Pappy and Madison were pals, and became super buddies!!

The carousel was a HUGE hit.... I only had to ride it a few times and then gram and pappy took turns for me. Worked out well because it made me really nauseous.

Ice cream is always yummy!

You can't have a toddler without the boo-boo's. She was running and tripped right into a stair.. owie...

But she was a trooper and let me put a cold rag on her head.

Black baby was another favorite friend

It was always fun when daddy came to visit!!

A new way to bathe in WA.... No not every night... just once, but it was fun.

Cute little cowgirl

Happy Birthday and Happy Halloween from Grandma!

Doesn't she look so grown up!!

Getting bigger! I think this was around 22 weeks ish...

'
Going to pick out pumpkins! This was the pumpkin she choose.. It was just "sooo tute!!"

Carving pumpkins.... she wasn't a very big fan of how slimy they were... Which surprised me...



Happy Halloween! Isn't she the cutest pirate ever?!?

Another day out in the orchard!!

Painting to make Happy Thanksgiving turkeys!

The library adventure! We have also started going to the library more often and she loves it!

The road trip home we stopped at a hotel with a waterpark.. So much fun for Madi, she loved it and I loved it and Brian loved it! It was a huge hit! They had one just her size, it was perfect!

Hands up!

She was so happy!

Our little Reindeer!

Little Rowe #2.... I know ultrasound pic are kinda scary.... but I decided to share it still.

The little princess playing with a remote control monster truck.... Funny combo right?

Merry Christmas to you!!

So funny!

Now that is a cowgirl... in dora pj's. hmmmmm haha


Sorry the pics aren't really in order or organized, the way they upload is funky and I don't desire to take the time and rearrange them... So I apologize... but it's a great thing this blog is just to keep you posted and not to show off my computer skills right? :)

Oh and I'm sorry there is no current belly picture.... Just imagine me with a beach ball under my shirt. That about sums it up. Ha ha ha

Wish you all a very happy start to 2013! May you all have a very Happy New Year!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley! Fun to read about the updates in your life! Congrats on baby #2 hope everything goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely the cutest pirate I've ever seen! Fun blog. Thanks for letting me stalk it ;)

    ReplyDelete