Let's start with the stats.
He weighs 24.8 lbs/ 44th percentile
He is 30.5 inches tall/ 22nd percentile
His head is 20 inches/ 99th percentile.
So he follows the trait of short, a little chubby and a big head. :)
As a general rule of thumb Mason is a pretty happy little guy. He has been teething lately the last 2 molars on the top and has been more cranky than normal. So after these teeth come in the only ones he has left are two molars on the bottom. I will be grateful to have his teeth all in. It seems he has been teething forever. Poor kid has been drooling for months. It just seems to fluctuate between a steady trickle or a pouring fountain.
Mason has started developing quite the "tude". He can get real nasty and scream really loud shrieks. Not going to lie I'm not too fond of this new little attitude. He is starting to really know what he wants and isn't picking up very quickly better ways to get those things. He still doesn't use very many words. He says "bye" "uh-oh" and then has sounds that could be mom, dad, madi, and I'm pretty sure roxy. But he isn't much of a talker yet. He will jabber and carry on conversations, but actual words that we understand are few. We are working on signing and he has "more" down but is very stubborn at learning the other ones I have repeatedly taught him. :/ a wee frustrating (ok, it may be a lot), but I'm just as stubborn so I keep trying to teach him. He did finally sign please just recently. But it only happened once, he also mumbled something that sounded like please.... So I'm not really sure what all he is capable of. It seems as though he is holding back because his shrieks are much more fun and accomplish the same thing.
Mason is pretty scheduled oriented and is pretty consistent. Still takes a morning and afternoon nap. He still really enjoys eating. His favorite foods are pineapple, peanut butter and plums. He really likes honey nut Cheerios too. He will eat with a fork or spoon but gets frustrated, however once he sees a utensil there is no going back to finger eating. He usually ends up throwing the utensil off the high chair and then has a sad moment and then proceeds to want someone to get the food on the utensil for him and hand it to him so he can feed himself. He won't eat it if you feed him with the utensil but he gladly accepts the assistance of getting the food halfway there.
Mason has started saying prayers as well. I'll ask him to say a prayer and he bows his head and starts mumbling really softly, all the while keeping his eyes open watching us.
He also helps us get him dressed. Sometimes he will pick out clothes and then try and put them on himself even. But he does really good about stepping into his shorts and putting his arms through the holes.
Mason really likes to ride the rockin rider pony. Either his or Madison's. He loves cell phones and loves to talk on them. He actually turns just about everything into a phone and pretends to talk on it. He has also started "feeding" us. Whenever he has food and he doesn't want it anymore he starts breaking off pieces and tries to put some in your mouth. Funny boy.
Here are some pics of the cutie.
Hee hee he was loving the corn. Not real effective at getting much in... But had a lot fun trying.
Enjoying an Indian fry taco. He ended up with some on his head so we decided it was safer with the hood on.
The M&M's jammin our in the car while I cleaned it out. Way too funny.
Sweet boy... Always so sweet when sleeping.
He was loving throwing rocks in the river with a little bit of help from dad.
And now he's not. I see this face much more than I would like to. :)
We love our little mason man. So glad he is part of our family.







Teething!! Ugh! Harvey just got his first two teeth and it has been a rough couple months. I feel like we are in a calm spot before the next batch comes in. So not fun! I also LOVE that new pic of you and hubby. You look GORGEOUS! Because you are - but really - it's a great photo!
ReplyDelete