Madison is enrolled in a kindergarten readiness program here in Hardin, and I'm very excited for her. It runs M-F from 8:30-2:45. I toured the place last year and I was excited then about getting her into the program. We got a letter from the school informing us of the supplies needed (like real school!) so I took Madi school shopping. :) It was fun, it was just her and I and we went all over Billings looking and buying clothes, shoes, and school supplies. I remember school shopping as a kid and thinking it was super fun, I didn't know it could be fun as a mom too! One of the necessary items was a backpack (of course), well Madison wanted a Frozen themed backpack. We went to a few stores looking for one but never did find one. So I found this plain black one and told her she could paint it herself and make it look exactly how she wanted, AND then her backpack would be different from everyone else. She was so excited, so we grabbed the black backpack and went to the paint section and chose different colors and the next day she created a beautiful backpack! She loves it and so do I!
She was super happy with herself and her finished product. She was also very excited to show her teachers and friends... So far I think it has been a big success.
In my efforts to help Madi become more organized and have a better understanding of what is expected of her each day, we made a calendar. She painted the strips and then I cut them out, and then she chose all the pictures. The calendar shows her all the things she has to do to get ready in the morning before school(on the left) and then all the things to do after she gets home from school (on the right). And the days that have rainbow colors are days she doesn't go to school. We shall see if it works, but if anybody has some ideas to make this calendar more functional, let me know!
Here you can tell she is running to school... Which is ironic because at this point she couldn't get to school fast enough.... But 8 minutes before I couldn't get her out the door. Ha!
Well madi has finished her first week of school and I'm so happy with how well it has gone. Not just with her teachers and the set up, but madi definitely eats different than most other kids. Her teacher and the kitchen staff have been so helpful and great to work with. Which has made my life much less stressful. And a bonus feature of a child going to school is discovering how much I can accomplish with one child in school all day and the other either napping or content to play with his toys. It's ah-mazing!! Seriously my life just got a whole lot more productive. And I'm so happy about it. Might actually get a Christmas card done this year. That's right it would be august and I'm talking about something to get done by December... That my friends is how my life has just changed. :) and with that I sign off.
P.s. Happy Labor Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment