September has been a much more normal month for us... I'm trying to get my life back together ;) Ha! At least more organized... I mean theoretically it should be easy, 20 mins every sunday to update the blog with pictures of the week... right? How hard can that really be? Seriously hard. Ha ha!! But I'll get there. I want to so I plan to. :)
But until the organization comes we are doing mass updates... so here is September.
I'm loving Usborne books... seriously there are kids books, and then there are Usborne books. Obviously I'm bias, but Mason is such a book lover now. We read books at least 3 or 4 times... but he is LOVING the Tractor and Trouble story. So cute, I often find him sitting in his little chair reading his books after nap time. I love it! :)
Madison is also starting to read and the starter set we bought for her has been so great! She is on book 2 and is SO happy and excited when she reads the words by herself. It's so super cute... and exciting! She is getting old!! Craziness!
| Activity books... lifesaver.... Even the little man loves trying to do the mazes! |
It's even turning into a family event... Brian drawing with the kiddos with this super cute learn to draw type book. Madison loves it, Mason just scribbles over it, and Brian was loving the competition with the 5 year old to see who could draw the very best picture.. ha ha
We got Mason his very own helmet... he was SO excited when he realized it was his. It was pretty funny before, because he was so upset because it was different than Madison's. We had to go get hers and show him that the red one was his, and the rainbow one was Madi's and now they each had their own! He was SO excited after he figured it out!!
| Ya, it's like the size of his entire body.... ;) |
It still makes me laugh to look at the proportions!
| How fun is that?! |
Madison attempted another race... It was on the big track this time! :)
| Getting a little pep talk from dad |
Meanwhile on the outside of the fence, this lil' guy was MOST offended that he was not on the track and he DID NOT think that was fair... throwing huge tantrums!
She made it around pretty well! I was impressed. She just putted along and did her own thing. It's so cute to see all these itty bitty's on bikes.
And now we had a much happier 2 year old... he found his own little area to "ride" and was much happier.
After the practice, Madison decided she didn't want to race. She was a little scared of the "big hills" and all the ruts. So she did one practice and then threw in the towel... Brian raced as well. :) But I seem to not have any pictures... I was toting a wagon and cranky children... so there wasn't time I guess... ;)
| This is how she fell asleep after the race. She was so tired! |
Mason is still on the mend from the Kawasaki's ordeal, but is much better. He had his follow up EKG and echo and they are still concerned about one artery that is still enlarged. It is taking longer for it to go down in size than they feel it should, but are confident it will return to the normal size. The lining of his arteries are forever changed, but from the sounds of it, as long as he eats well and exercises he should be fine. He is more at risk for atherosclerosis, so they recommend doing early cholesterol screenings and such, but he should be able to participate in any kind of activities and not be held back because of the KD. :) Good news!
| His nails are now peeling... which is weird to me, but apparently also explained by KD. |
| Crazy seeming right?! |
This was at his 3rd one... he loves going now, because he knows he gets to watch Mickey and there won't be any "pokies". He is so trusting and it's really awesome. He knows that I will tell him when they will give him a shot and when they won't. So we walk into a Dr. office now and he immediately gets super whiney and uncooperative, and I tell him, "no pokies this time" and then he looks at me with these sad, interrogative eyes, "no pokies???" and when I tell him "nope, no pokies" he is all better. And after each thing they do, he looks at me and shouts (super excited) "NO POKIES!!!!"
Makes me giggle and cry at the same time. Poor kid was traumatized... I think we might have all been traumatized actually. Less than desirable circumstances, but I'm grateful for how it worked out. :)
Even if it was $$$ later... ;)
| So he is terrified to move, but as long as no one interrupted Mickey he was good to go! :) |
| He seems so sad... but he really was being a cheese head for the tech and the nurse we saw... The doctor he didn't put on much of a show, but apparently he is a little flirt with the ladies. |
Speaking of $$ and ER visits... I ... no Brian and I... are pretty sure Mason will cost us a fortune. This beauty mark he got from pushing his tonka truck up the driveway when it suddenly stopped and he was full steam ahead, and up and over... He scratched the bridge of his nose too!! Poor guy..
We didn't feel it merited an ER run, but I'm pretty sure our average seems high and this is a sign we will end up there a lot. :(
The whole "Be careful" seems meaningless to say to him.
But it was a pretty good mark and a sickening sounding thud, but he walked it off like a champ!
He is getting pretty good at the standing up and shaking it off... but geez!! It's hard to watch sometimes!
| Good thing he is adorable ;) |
I really need to get my act together and start getting up earlier... I LOVE TO SLEEP... if you know me very well, you probably already know this. I often tell Brian how excited I am when my head hits the pillow... I love going to bed.. So getting up early to work out is painful for me. I love when I get up and get it done, and once I'm up... okay... 5 mins after I'm up... I'm great and happy to be up and going... but getting to that point is brutal for me...
You would think this right here would be motivation enough to get up earlier....
And this is how I survived... thank you child's pose....
| Add caption |
This kid is my shakeology lover! He LOVES it!! It's so funny... I'm so glad he does, because I know it's a great source of nutrition so I don't mind sharing.. some days he really doesn't leave me very much. But it has become our little routine... and it makes us both pretty happy!
This doesn't usually happen... I got side tracked and came back to him not waiting for me so he started digging in himself! And of course I took pictures rather than stopping the mess making madness!
Cheers! He always makes us tap glasses together and say cheers. I think it's hilarious, but I have no idea where he learned it from...
| Look at that face! |
Carrots from the garden! I am pretty excited about them. We are still munching on them almost a month later... I'm calling it a success!! :) The purple ones have almost a raddish taste to them, but I'm not entirely sure what it is? But I like them, and so does my family! :)
It was a top knot kind of day for both of us! I didn't even plan it, but when I was sending her off to school I decided I better get a picture, because neither of us have our hair like that very often... Plus she's just too cute! :)
Meanwhile, Mason and I were washing dishes and I find this face HILARIOUS! It still makes me giggle... So you get it twice... color and black and white.
Madison had homecoming week at school and she even got to dress up! Grandma bought her a complete outfit for going to the fair this summer so she sported it to school! She was so super cute and totally excited to be a cowgirl. She now thinks we need a horse... Mmmmmm probably not EVER going to happen. Sorry chica...
| Isn't she so cute and stylish! :) Love what she puts together! |
For awhile she was in love with this yellow flower clip and heart and pink headband... so they went everywhere with her.
| Serious style I tell ya what! ;) |
She loves picking out outfits for school... It makes me cringe sometimes, but I love that she does it. :) I did have to confront her teacher and let her know that I promise she is loved and has other clothes, but it's a thing she just does... I needed the teacher to know, that I really do see her before she goes to school... Even though I know she's not the only kid that goes to school like this... but it made me feel better to know she knew I at least realized the outfits don't match!
Sometimes these two play together so well! And it's becoming really fun, because it's happening more and more frequently. And I love it! They often go out in the back yard after dinner while we clean up and they play with the dogs, mud, water and all sorts of greatness... :) It makes me so happy! Someone more often than not ends up disgruntled by the end, but usually I get the kitchen cleaned which is awesome. :)
And they get messy... super messy.. but it's all good, because it's right before bath time! ;)
And... sometimes the dogs get it, which is not so great. :( Bath times.. ALL around.
Mason recently discovered the dryer vent. He thought that was AWESOME! He was so intrigued. It was hilarious.
And Mr. Mischief. It's sometimes incredibly hard to stay ahead of the game with him. There are days, I'm always behind.... this was one of those days... Mascara.. all over his pretty lil' face! ;)
| He loves to copy his dad. This is now what he does anytime something stinks... and every time we change his diaper! |
I LOVE beautiful autumn afternoons! They are lovely and we love our walks!! :)
I bought some Lularoe clothes from my good friend... and I totally love my shirt!! :) Love it! And I love shopping online. I buy everything online now. It's so much easier. It's a mall for moms and accessible when kids are asleep and your in your pj's... hello? What gets better than that!? :)
And this was such a cute moment from right before church. He looked so grown up and was totally hamming' it up! So I played.. and took lots of pictures. He was so darling I couldn't help myself. Adorable little boy.. that really is growing up and getting big on me!
| Don't mess with my strawberry |
| Back I say! |
| Ok, maybe I'll share |
| I funny! Mommeeee I funny!! Yes, yes you are son. :) |
| I don't think I need to say anymore about this! |
No comments:
Post a Comment