We finally got around to painting the house... so this is before.....
And this is mid-way.....
UGH!! To say i'm having a hard time with this blog post doesn't even do it justice... I have downloaded and re-downloaded pictures... I have tried to post them to this page... Anyways some other time I will add the final pictures. Right now I'm going to scream. When i'm done throwing my tantrum I will come back and finish this post..... and perhaps not post again for 2 months.... My brother says computers don't do anything that you don't tell them to.... sometimes I don't agree with that. :) Stupid stupid......
We started the summer all together... and yes I do realize we are all in sweatshirts.. I promise it was June.... :) In June I went again down to Farmington for school and Madi and Brian stayed here. Donna came and watched Madison which was a huge blessing for us and made it much easier to leave. Brian celebrated his birthday while I was gone... :( Poor guy.... We had a little surprise party before he left, but still lame to miss your hubby's birthday... The big 30 even!! :)
When I came back I was only home a week before Madi and I flew out to WA to visit P-town and help out there... I was there 2 weeks and then the Armstrong's decided they wanted to keep Madi until Brian and I were coming back 3 weeks later.... (Stick with me I realize there is alot of time phrases that mean nothing but it will all come together... promise) At first I just laughed at them... but then I talked with Brian about it and we realized the things we could get done... So we ended up agreeing to it, and I flew home without lil Madison......
While she was gone we got a TON of stuff checked off the list that had haunted me for a YEAR! So that was lovely. LOVELY!! We finished the extra bedroom - we had to mud and texture the walls- and then we painted it pretty purple and moved Madison into that bedroom. We painted our living room and also our bedroom!! I can't even explain how happy this made me! It took all 3 weeks to get it all done, and the day before we were leaving was the day the house finally got put (mostly) back together. :) Hopefully I will be able to post the rest of the pics showing what all we did... but like stated before... I'm not getting along with this program thing so not sure it's going to happen... :)
So here follow some pics of what Madison did.... and what we also did while we were in different states...
She slept extremely well there!
All the Rowe's got together at Doug and Donna's new house and we had a very fun weekend riding, shooting trap, and eating yummy food.
Madi helped make pancakes in the mornings...
I got my garden cleaned up, thinned out and back to life - for the most part...
She learned what swimming was all about. My parents have a pool and Madi LOVED the water! She has always loved splashing, and water coming out of faucets, and buckets of water... but a pool..... she was really loving it.
Just another rough day without mom and dad.... what to do.. what to do...
She met some beautiful horses
Made some more friends
Her and Alyssa became great pals. Alyssa took her to some tot swimming lessons... and they had a lot of fun! Madi learned how to go underwater and hold her breath even! A "bob" if you will... I had to get caught up to speed by Alyssa when I got there.
Hee hee... I love this picture!
She learned what smelly markers are all about. Has anyone seen these type of markers recently? Can't say I have... these markers are from years ago!! BUT they still smell!!
She learned breakfast is a very serious time of the morning....
And she gained one heck of an attitude.... ha ha ha I wish I could blame that all on them... unfortunately I know that's not the problem.
She was taught how to thin properly.... ha ha ha ha... no but she did learn that Daisy would chase any apple Madi threw... no matter how many times...
She made a really good friend. Her and Alyssa are quite the pals....
Finally Brian and I made the trek across to WA... It is right at 1000 miles and it took us ALL day.... another reason we decided it was okay to leave Madi there... she HATES the car seat, and one less 1000 miles in it was an okay thing! :)
So we played in WA... and i forgot to get pics from all of our events... so hopefully I will post those soon too... but we did take family pics. Betsy took the pictures for us and it was super fun and great! Even Brian said it wasn't that bad! :) So here are some of them...
And we made the trek home.... 1000 miles... It took us 2 days this time. Poor Madi couldn't take the car seat more than 12 hours at a time... ha ha ha
We stopped in Bozeman and it was the best stop ever. The hotel had a pool and we loaded our stuff into the hotel and then we went straight to the pool and played for a good hour. Madison LOVED it. It made the day so much better for all of us. She laughed and splashed and had so much fun in the pool.
We came home to storms... but the storms brought lots of rain which in turn brough a "pool" for Madi... Ha ha ha poor thing.. we have no pool so when she saw the water she was sure it was there for swimming in. So I let her.. put her in her swimsuit and let her have a blast... It was all fun and games until she started laying on her tummy and then rolling... in the mud....
That is when we went to the tub... But of course I got a picture before we went inside. And yes that is mud on her nose... :)
This is what happens when you put your child in "quiet time" and they actually are QUIET!! :) When she had been quiet for 20 min. I decided something must be up and this is what I found....She had taken diaper rash cream and pasted her face!! And I was hoping she had actually fallen asleep... HA HA HA jokes on me! :) My favorite part of this was she made sure to cover her baby's face too!
I braided her hair! It was very fun for me... This is what it looked like a day later. I had her sleep on it!
She somehow pulled up skype and got so excited and I came over to find her talking to no one but really telling "no one" a HUGE story... so funny!! All by herself...
So that has been our summer thus far... As it comes to a close it has been super fun and busy. But I have really enjoyed it! I love getting things checked off and we were able to have some real fun family adventures! We hope you are having a great summer as well!!












wow i can't belive you with out her for 3weeks, thats so crazy and awesome at the same time. thats great that you were able to do what you needed and wanted to do for so long. hope to see those pics!! shes adorable by the way and those pictures are awesome!!
ReplyDeleteWe sure miss that little and yet so big voice, I am going to have to give Madi lessons on how to connect with her grandmas on skype and we can chat!
ReplyDeleteLove and miss you guys.