This amazing box has been so great! We decided to finger paint inside it for FHE one night! Madi absolutely loved it.
It started like this.....
And just kept getting messier and messier...
Dad showed her how..
Uh-oh and then Dad got it!
The final products. :)
So that is finger painting with Madi.
I would say Madi is the master of getting into something she is not suppose to be into and making a mess faster than you can say, "Madison, where did you go?" She has discovered where I keep my make-up and has a fetish with it. :( Such a water-proof mess....
You probably think I don't supervise my child....
She looks like she knows what she is doing! Ha ha ha
So proud of what she did....
By the time I got this cleaned off, I went to finish the dishes... and wouldn't you know it she snuck right back in my room and this time got into the eyeliner and had lines all over her face.... Needless to say I didn't take pictures that time, and I also didn't clean it off... thinking maybe then she wouldn't feel the need to put more on again. And I shut the bedroom door... That was the clencher... :)
A little update on our potty training experience:
This has been the hardest thing I have ever had to work with her on. She is SO stubborn and determined to do it her way.... Honestly I actually don't know what her hold up is... that is my guess..... but truthfully i'm at a loss. I would say 75-80 % of the time she goes in the potty, but the other 20-25% of the time is going to kick my trash.... She can go on really long streaks with no accidents and then a nice little "I'll show you whose really boss" streak as she makes mess after mess.... I have read tons of articles online and asked lots of moms, and I have some really good advice, but none of it seems to work for her. I know every child is different, but man.... you would think some child development researcher could find a trend for that 10% of the "difficult" child. Anyways, we have done presents, candy, stickers, markers, books, play-doh.... hopefully soon I can find what she really wants, and once I have that maybe we can cut the 20-25% down to 5%. I'm convinced children are not potty trained for years. I think people are crazy that say their child was potty trained in a week or less..... Maybe they knew what to do and were able to do it most of the time... but i'm pretty sure they all had accidents... (maybe some really do have wonderful children that do what they are asked and get it figured out! To those parents I say kudos!! I'm so happy for you!) And for me... while my child can do it most of the time, that is not potty trained... potty trained is when I don't have to clean up anymore accidents, and she can reach the sink to wash her hands by herself so overall when she goes to the bathroom, I don't even know it happened!! :) Ha ha ha... so alas... I have years until my child will be potty trained.
People say you are going to miss this, and I think they forgot how exhausting it was to change the bed sheets every day or more than that on those bad streaks, constantly be washing peed on clothes, and giving 2 or more baths a day! I am sure I will miss this age in general and I will miss how much fun she is when we are playing or doing something that isn't related to the bathroom, BUT I don't think I will miss potty training. I think when that gets checked off the list I will say good bye and good riddance!! :) And please don't tell me you miss potty training... if you do please just keep that your little secret until I have no more children that have to be potty trained. :) ha ha ha unless you really feel the need....
hey cute finger painting pictures!! i'll comment about potty training on your FB!!
ReplyDelete