It's officially the end of the month and i'm forcing myself to sit down and update my blog, because I know in future years I will be grateful for updates. The month of May has brought many memories and stories... and changes. Let me tell you about some of them.
First off, we are moving. :) YAY! Brian applied for a job within the same company and so we are relocating to Hardin, MT. We are very excited. I'm actually more sad than I thought I would be when I think of the friends I have made here in Williston that I'm leaving behind.... but thanks to technology they won't be very far away... :) Overall we are super excited to begin this new chapter of our lives. With this change comes the process of selling our little mobile home and buying our next home. Right now it is fun and exciting, but I'm sure it will be less appealing as time goes on... Brian starts mid June, so there will be some transition time that won't be that much fun... but we are hoping for a smooth and uniquely fast process. ha ha ha!!
Madi and Mason are doing so great! Both happy and healthy kids. I'm very amazed at how different they are though. SO DIFFERENT. It is funny because I remember when I was at my wits end with Madi, mom's would suggest different techniques or give advice that helped them.... And I would try some of them, and some I wouldn't, but I felt like such a failure and felt as though I must be crazy and a horrible mother because nothing was working and nothing helped.... surely that meant it was my fault. Madi was a challenging baby... she had the colic, and needed to be held... but only if you were standing and bouncing and patting her, and you had better make sure you are doing it at the right ratio/ speed and force.... She had a really sensitive stomach, so her early years I believe were quite unpleasant. If she could have used words I'm sure that is what she would have said... but instead the poor lil baby just cried and screamed. Did I mention her absolute hatred towards the carseat? Yes hatred was the word I used... 4 hour trips would take at least 7.... Those were very very long long trips....
That being said, I was "totally prepared" for Mason... I was ready to be up all night and ready to bounce and pat with the perfect amount of speed and force. I was ready to not get in a car for months, so we could avoid all car seat trauma. I was ready this time... Well Mason is so different, he is content to watch people.... happy to be held while you are sitting down.... when he is tired if you swaddle him he goes right to sleep. Or put the boy on his tummy... he is out like a light. Take him in the car? Oh yes he loves car trips as well. Nighttime? Oh no worries the boy sleeps through the night and has pretty much since we brought him home from the hospital....(I don't know how long it took Madi to sleep through the night..... but it felt like forever, and then when I documented it on her baby calendar it was like from 11 to 4. I was so pumped because that felt like all night...) Well Mr. Mason since day 1 at home he sleeps from at least 11 to 4, but more often than not his schedule is to bed at 10:30 and up at 7:30 to eat and then goes back to sleep until about 10. WOW.... POLAR OPPOSITES..... :) So to all the moms that feel like I felt, some children just don't fit the mold and no amount of advice will "fix" them... They are just challenging babies...But it doesn't make you a bad mom.... maybe I'm the only one who felt that way.... but just in case someone else ever felt that way, after baby #2 everything is different. Seriously at one point I was sure Mason was deaf because he slept through all of Madi's loudness... then he was blind out of one eye... yes the list goes on and on (side note his hearing and eyesight are just fine)... but I'm discovering my children are just different... very different.... I am so amazed that our two kids can be so different. It is awesome to see though.... a testimony to me that we do exist before we come to earth and our spirits are unique to who we are, and help to make us who we become. It's neat to see. So I explained that they are polar opposites in spirit and character... but here is another little factoid... :) Madi was so short.. always (and still is) in the 10% for height... she never was very big... well she was chubby... like 90% for weight and head size... we used to laugh about our little short, chubby bobble head.... but she has always been short... (no idea where she gets that ha ha ha) then opposite Mason who is in the 90% for height. I feel like my children are on a teeter totter... so different from each other. I find it amazing and really neat... I guess that's why I'm still typing about it.
Madi is such a great big sister. Sometimes if Mason is fussing she will go to him and put her little hand on his cheek and sing him a lullaby (hush little baby is the favorite). It is so sweet, and she really has become an awesome big sister. She helps me a lot... and then there are days when she helps me none.. but for a 3 year old I think she's doing pretty good. :) Today is a non-helpful day... she just told me, "I don't like you when you have your grumpy face on!" ha ha ha and yes in case you're wondering I did have a grumpy face on... mostly because for the 172,348th time I have asked her to pick up her 10 different outfits she felt the need to try on run around in then strip down to the skeevies... and leave the clothes scattered on the floor. Speaking of funny "Madi ism's" here are a few to share... simply because she's hilarious!
This one requires some background... Madi likes to wait until the very last possible minute before she will go to the bathroom, #1 or #2... So sometimes I just hold her right in front of my face and tell her "just go! go sit on the potty for one WHOLE minute and just see what will happen... but just sit on the potty for just ONE WHOLE minute." One whole minute is a very very very long time for ms. madi but anyways she tells me, "My squeezers are not working, they are much too tired and need a rest." Not going to lie, I didn't know how to respond... what else can you do but let the girl not go because her squeezers are tired... no one can go to the bathroom if their squeezers are out of commission.. ha ha ha I don't know where "the squeezers" came from... but sure made for a good laugh.
Okay so they all require background... She really likes the movie Wreck it Ralph and has started imitating things she sees lately... well Brian was washing dishes and our awesome sink that is as big as a frying pan tends to make it easy to spill water over the edge... well he did, and he said, "Errrr" (that is a frustrated growl, if you can't see it), anyways Madi who is sitting at the table looks at him and says, "Dad you are just like wreck it Ralph, (she proceeds to hold her arms up like mr. Ralph does, and says in a growling gruff voice) I'm wreck it Ralph" We laughed so hard... it was awesome. I so wish she had a little go-Pro camera that would just record her all the time... she has so many moments like that... and I just have to remember them instead of having them recorded. Anyways it was awesome and made the water on Brian and the floor a little less maddening.
Madi is so fun, I wish people could see and hear even just a portion of her funnies.... but you'll just have to take my word for it. She is a spitfire with lots of intense emotions, but I am sure as long as she chooses to stay on the straight and narrow she will do many amazing things.... but she will have to choose to walk the straight and narrow, because no one will tell her what to do. So pray for us to "parent" her the right way so she can make those choices for herself. Little Miss Independent.
We had Mason blessed on May 5th in Ekalaka at Brian's parents little branch. They always are excited to see babies! They don't come through very often. Mason's Great Gram made his cute outfit and he was so handsome! Thanks Great Gram for the cute outfit!
Hilarious right? He was in the middle of a yawn and I caught it on camera.... Whoever can give the best caption wins.... ready go!
The monthly pic with the giraffe. :) He is getting so big! Thanks Auntie Keisha for the giraffe, makes for great monthly pics.
Madi taking care of Mason...
Can you believe this girl? ha ha ha never leave her alone, and if it is
EVER quiet you better move fast to find out what is happening!! So she
found her way into his pack n play grabbed the diaper rash cream and
smothered a toy with it... errrrrrrr...... But people swear I'm going to
miss this, so I try and enjoy it? Right right right Those people have forgotten how hard it is to clean up diaper rash cream. :) Oh and you can't see her face because she is still sure if she can't see my face then I can't see her or what she is doing.... and I didn't want her to know how funny I thought it was and that I was taking a picture.
First note the no clothing but skeevies, second note the silky blanket hanging down, third note the very neat and tidy hair... These 3 things tell me exactly what happened. Mom told her to go put clothes on, a small battle was had, Madi ran and grabbed her blanket then proceeded to go to Mason's room and tell him about it. She started to play on the ottoman when she realized she was tired and laid her little head down and proceeded to fall asleep in the most comfortable position imaginable. Yikes.... Needless to say I moved her so she didn't have to sleep like this the whole time.
This is Madi reading a story to Mason, she's so nice to him. You should hear her stories... 100% creative and awesome. ha ha ha
Here is my handsome man in his church clothes! I'm a big fan of little boys in sweater vests...
I came home from the grocery store, and had bought a container of strawberries... so excited to wash them and cut them up and enjoy eating them.... well I was on the phone and putting away the groceries, and next thing I know all the strawberries are gone... well 1/2 eaten kind of gone...
Do you see what I say, when I say I can't let her be out of sight! Poor little guy, I came around the corner and she was "giving him toys to play with so he won't be lonely mom" Oh yes, of course... carry on sweet child of mine. :)
110% Free spirit! ha ha ha
See how awesome she is?
Lots of personality
13 weeks old!
Look at our cute children! How much do you think they look alike? I think they look very similar, but I'm interested to see what others think....
Well until June.... Have a great start to your summer! Mine is sure to be busy and a little crazy as I'm sure everyone's will be! May your craziness be full of fun and good memories.
I have so many thoughts and little comments about so much of this post. Mostly Madi CRACKS me up. She is 110% spunk and free spirit! Love it. And Mason is adorable. Great post!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness!! all i can say is good thing you waited to have mason, i can only imagine what would have happened to mason if madi was two when you had him hahahaha
ReplyDeleteim soooooo happy you have a "normal" baby!! makes having children a little bit easier!! but i have a feeling i would love madi playing with that little girl of yours!!!
so you are moving huh?!! you arn't really getting any closer to me, so that is lame!! but good luck, moving i think is fun and hard!! love your pictures, glad things are going well!!