So our mobile home is gone... And we haven't closed on the house we are purchasing yet.... So where are we?? I'm so glad you asked!! Currently living in a borrowed 19ft. camper! Yay! Ha ha ha so that may be a little sarcastic, but we thought about Renting something, but we knew we would be closing on a house within a few months and finding somewhere we wouldn't have to sign a 6 month lease was tough! So we decided to camper style it. Brian will be in the camper full time and the kiddos and I come and visit intermittently. :) Today is Friday and we've been here since Tuesday, and it's not as claustrophobic as I thought it would be. BUT bath time can make me a little crazy and feeling the tight squeeze! Ha ha
We are excited to finish up with our house! Hopefully everything continues to go well. This week we finished up with the inspection and now we are just waiting on the appraiser to come and do the appraisal and we should be good to go! So it's a big waiting game right now.
Madi, Mason and I have been able to do lots of exploring here in Hardin... Found a few great parks and a couple not so great... But seems like a lot of parks for a little town. We went to the library and the bottom floor is dedicated to kids books and fun toys... Not quite as cool as the Williston library... But it will do. :) in billings I found a great little drop in child care, where I took madi while I did more meetings and not fun stuff... She loved it! I've decided when I go to billings to do errands and appointments and shopping, I'm just going to take her there! So much fun for her! Today we are going to visit a little museum they have on the edge of town. There have been lots of little adventures and we are excited to get settled in and go see the big horn river and mountains and do more exploring!
I can't wait to have a thunderstorm and be in a house that has a solid foundation! When we moved to Williston we started in a RV and I don't know how many thunderstorms we had and the whole thing would rock and howl... In our little house it was quite a bit better... The house didnt shake or anything... But still in the back of my mind, I didn't know really how sturdy it was... Now last night there was a big thunderstorm and this little camper was swaying all around and I just laid in bed hoping it wouldn't roll down the hill! Fortunately the fan is loud enough it was hard to ear any of the thunder so the kids slept great.. Like thy were being rocked to sleep!! Ha ha but needless to say, I'm anxious for some sturdy foundations to sleep on. :)
An update on my awesome kids:
Madi is still a spitfire, as I'm sure you can imagine. Here are a few of the latest "madi'isms":
"Don't be mad dad!" I'm not mad... "Ohhhh are you just freaking out?"
"If you squeeze my toe right here there might be pee come out right here." She was pointing to her big toe and then pee would come out of her little toe?? Anyone know how that happens?..... Me either
Madi do you need to go potty? "No It's just a toot." Oh well maybe you should go potty.... "no it's just a squishy."
Ya can you say YIKES! Ha ha ha just a squishy... Thanks to the squeezers I'm sure. :)
Mason is still doing awesome. Growing really big and getting a little bit more coordinated every day. :) he does a real good job lifting his head up when he is on his tummy now days. And he has started laughing, which is so much fun... But incredibly hard to catch. He is a really happy baby and except for when he is tired he is full of smiles and coo's and loves to interact with people.
One last adventure I forgot to document.... We went to Chuck E Cheeses.... Yes it's like the Disneyland of billings- you have to take your kids there to say you've done it... But it's never really as fun as they make it seem! Ha ha ha
It was actually a pretty good evening. Madi did great and had so much fun and we didn't have a single meltdown... Not even upon exiting the premise. Brian and I on the other hand weren't doing so well. It was perfect when we got there... Mostly empty, only 2 or 3 other kids playing in the games... But by the time we left our heads were spinning and buzzing.... People just kept coming... A never ending sea of grown ups pretending to be kids so they could win tickets... And so many kids!! Wow... Mason slept through most of it... Which I was impressed... But he sure likes the flashing lights. Anyways I have now been to a chuck e cheeses and so have my kids... So we don't have to go back right? :) ha ha ha well that concludes my June update. I will add some pics to the end... I'm computerless for a while as it is packed amongst the boxes and boxes of stuff so bear with my phone posts. :)
Madi and her best friend from Williston playing in the park! Really sad her good friend will be so far away! Obviously a pretty good combo!
Look at him all big and bright-eyed. He loves the cow. I know infants like things with a lot of contrast... So I'm not sure if that is why he likes it or if its the fact he can squeeze it and kinda get it in his mouth to gnaw on?? Either way he loves the cow. :)
The rocket at chuck e cheeses. I don't know how many tokens she used on this thing... But it was the favorite by far.
Sleeping arrangement in the camper. If you fold a 3 yr. olds sleeping bag in half they aren't nearly as likely to kick the baby. :) fortunately we are 4 days accident free. :)
Hopefully my next post will be introducing you to our new home... So keep your fingers crossed for us!
Happy days until then!







Oh man. So sad. You sneaked out of here so fast. I didn't even get to say goodbye. So I'll say goodbye now and it was fun getting to know you and I wish you all the best of luck in your new adventure. I'll keep up on you through your blog :)
ReplyDelete