June started off with a muddy bang.... ;) Bless this little girls heart, it truly loves mud. All types of mud... any kind of mud... sticky mud, dry mud, soupy mud... it really doesn't matter to her. She loves it all.
This spot is at the end of the street we live on, so there is a wheat farm and between the end of the street and the field is a great section of dirt and gravel. The neighbors and Madison have spend numerous hours in this area. But this particular day she had been gone about 15 minutes and I heard extreme laughing and so I headed out to check and see what was going on.... I see the neighbor children on the side of the street with muck boots on, still in colorful clothing.... and then I see this short little blob of brown moving around... bobbing up and down... disappearing below the edge of the road.... and I knew that was my Madi.
So being the great mother that I am, I ran inside and grabbed my camera.
I went down the street deciding how to approach the situation... should I laugh? Should I be serious? Should she be in trouble? I decided to just ask her about what happened with a stern tone to try and discourage it from happening repeatedly. I'm not going to lie, I love that she plays with the mud and I would much rather her playing outside in the mud and enjoying herself outside than feeling stuck inside.... but I didn't want to have to wash her off everyday....
So once I reached her I asked, "Madi, you are covered in mud! What happened?" "I don't know... I just fell" At this point I'm struggling not to laugh... but she was so mad at me... Hence the grumpy faces... But it all ended well... I got some great pictures! We hosed her off outside and stripped her down and put her undies and pants straight into the garbage can... and she took an hour long shower trying to get all the mud out of her hair... Yes... She put a big ol' pile of it on top of her hair.. can you see it??
Funny.... funny.... funny... dirty little girl!!
Have no fear, I obviously did not completely discourage her from playing in the mud, and puddles.... The VERY next day she headed outside and I asked her to make sure and stay clean because we were heading to a friends house.... and as I am packing Mason into his car seat, and heading outside to grab her... this is where I found her.... Needless to say, we didn't make it to our friends house.... Ha! She just can't help herself.... I think puddles call to her ;)
And she is teaching her brother the ways of the mud. We found them outside after they both had baths and were suppose to be getting ready for bed... Sneaky sneaky.... Do you see her face?!? Funny girl... Totally knew she was busted...
This little boy is such a fun personality and fun age. He loves learning new things and loves discovering new things! He loves eating and this face is from licking the brownie batter off the mixing spoon... Love his little face!
| Seriously?!? How do you not smile at that? |
Mason still loves shakeology and every time I make one, he finds his way to me to share it.... Which I am totally okay with. I love that he loves it.... :)
| This is how the pouch traveled to the groomers... |
| And Roxy feels she deserves the front... ;) |
And with 2 big dogs... there is a lot of poo that comes with it... So who better to do it than the 5 year old trying to earn some money for a bike?? She had a few chores she needed to do to earn some money... and she totally hated it. Cried while she had to do it... but it got done.... and still gets done... :)
Oh... the outfit? That is the part that surprises you?!?! hee hee... I know... obviously that is the best choice for 90 degree June weather... not to mention princess gloves to pick up poo...
My very first bike... a little DRZ 125... SOLD... :( Sad day but I upgraded to a CRF 150 so it all worked out...
And... shortly after we acquired this little gem for Madison... It is a PW 50...
In the store, she was pretty sure she needed it.... this was before she did all the chores...
I'm not sure who was more excited... Brian or Madison.....
This was his face after.... This is his face when he is so happy but tries to hide it... I love this face ;)
And the first time she got to sit on it....
The first instructions....
Mason's first instructions... ha ha ha
It took awhile but once she got more comfortable she was loving life!
And cheering on the sidelines :) And eating.... ;)
She was so excited to ride every day.... and so she did.... every day...
Out at the plant....
Look at that smile!!
I love this picture.. her eyes tell the whole story.
And more eating from the pit crew ;)
The new look of the trailer....
I think this little guy right here could be Madison's biggest fan.... :)
There was much fun had outside of bikes too.... Water is always fun on hot summer days...
And of course some accidents too.... ;)
And of course little science experiments to keep us all entertained....
We also had a garage sale!!! :) That was fun..... ;)
And speaking of hobbies... ummm I have a new one! :) Usborne books.... oh my! I'm so in love... And so are my kids! They have flap books, internet linked books, touchy feely books... amazing. So amazing.
| I had to tell her to drop them.. ha ha She was packing them all off to her room! |
| The morning after we got the books this is what I found when I came downstairs! Ha ha |
| And now we take them everywhere and they are a huge hit! |
This is the coolest and probably most loved book.. It is a science encyclopedia. It has QR codes so Madison can look through the pages and find pictures she likes and then she learns more by watching some sort of educational video on it. She LOVES it... oh so much.
| And she watches them with Mason and he loves it... |
| Brian was even totally impressed... ha! I so LOVE this picture.. his face is priceless. |
And some nights... I don't stay awake until the whole story is read.... ugh.. still working on this.
Madison still has an amazing sense of fashion... especially in the summertime :)
And she is helping Mason learn about fashion....
We are still gluten free at our house and here was a hugely successful pizza from pizza night!! Oh my... it was SO yummy!! :)
And we still workout... and when I don't wake up early enough... I have cute little helpers. ;)
This was my new favorite spot... outside in the sun, doing some PiYo Sweat! Oh... it was my favorite.
And I still am developing my blog/website about helping mom's make their homes happier and healthier...
www.theashleyway.net
It's been a strangely fun and motivating thing I've started....
And then because my kids love taking pictures with my phone, we do have some pictures that aren't snapped at arms length of Brian and I!! :)
| She's so much fun! Love this girl!! |
This is how the littles love to FaceTime... so if you ever call it probably looks something like this on our end.
Madison and panda are very much buddies still. Panda goes to bed with Madi every night, and panda loves to be toted around by her. I find it cute.
We went to the Little Big Horn Days and went out to the airport to check out all the cool planes up close. The kiddos loved loved loved it!
Madison was feeling pretty awesome!
And the beloved parade. My kiddos love parades... do all kids absolutely love them? I feel like mine have a beyond love for them? Ha ha ha
Some lilies from our flower patch... They don't last real long, but they are so pretty while they are all in bloom.
And just a few of Mr. Mason being the awesome kid he is.
All about mischief





No comments:
Post a Comment