Sunday, March 19, 2017

Do children need parents?! I'm convinced it's more of just a technicality...

Books..... it's true that we love them... all shapes and forms. But these Wheelnut books are like off the chart for the kiddos. Mason who can't read will sit and look through them for huge chunks of time... like 30 mins! And he now totes them all to his bed... as long as Madison hasn't stollen them from him ;) 



I was feeling bad at how many pics I don't have of Madison... when I realized, it's not so much I don't want to take her pic, it's more she's at school when Mason and I have down time. Hence more photo time for the Mason Man... Love those 2 kids so much check out this hilarious clip of them and all their cuteness on a recent short trip ;) 



Mason would pretend to sleep and snore and Madison would tickle him to wake him up... I was dying of laughter. It makes me so happy when they get along... sometimes they make me want to throw my own tantrums... ;) But they are such a blessing and it's SO apparent when they play together like this.

I just wish these times were more frequent and the nasty times were fewer ;)

Gotta show off the Maddy Style!! Oh... have you noticed Madison went from Madi to Maddy...??? 
Here is the scoop.... I have this issue with nicknames that are nothing like your actual name... Now don't get me wrong if that happens to be you, no judgement... for reals ;) BUT I didn't want my kids to have a name and then what we called them be totally different spelling... SO.... I wanted it to be Madi.. which let's be clear English rules say that doesn't say Maddy... I get it ;) BUT well... we have parents who name their kids all kinds of things so I felt pretty justified in my spelling desire ;)

BUT Kindergarten rolled around and Madison's teacher just spelled it Maddy... slightly put off but I didn't want to cause a riff I let it go... until Madison informed me that her teacher knows all and I know nothing... and so began my demise of the mother who knows all... 

and it all started because I didn't want the spelling of her nickname to not be part of her name... :/ 

Yea... that makes Madison 183930 to Mom's 0.
 


I'm pretty spoiled. I have an amazing hubby who when I didn't get my workout in doesn't complain when I say I'm not cooking dinner ... I just really want 30 mins to get a workout in. Boom he signs up and makes a yummy meal. What a stud.





 This kid and his throwing rocks feddish... he loves it. LOVES it.... which is great.... BUT here is my hold up... is it REALLY necessary to go to the rock pile that is 100 yds. away... when literally there are rocks all around?! But alas... that is what we did... rock pile 100 yds. away and back to the bridge... over and over and over....

                                                                                 


These cool toys are AWESOME! I was invited to a Discover Toys party... and I got these 2 things and have had some serious fun with them! Microscope and a dinosaur that they "fix" and "break" over and over.... genius!




BEST. STORY. YET.
Ahem... it all began when we had a little brother for Madison vs. bringing a sweet little girl (according to her). You see... Madison says boys are bad and girls are fun.. (contrary to her chant of "Moms are mean and dads are fun!"... but I digress.... you see... boys take girls stuff. And so Just like he "ALWAYS (you really have to roll your eyes and whine when you say it) DOES.. Mason walked off with the microscope, which yes I did buy for Madison. He decided he wanted a turn. We share in this house.... so you know... not an unheard of thing.... 
BUT... when Madison WHINEY asked Mason to give it to her, and then proceeded to repeatedly ask over and over and over and over in that voice... you know that one that makes your ears cringe and then just tune it out?? Ya... that one.... So as I'm tuning out this repetitious noise trying to speedily get ready to go... I catch the end of what has all transpired. Mason ignoring his sister as well (I'm pretty sure that tone this whiney voice comes in, just turns off hearing and listening in ears) on his belly checking out the microscope on the ottoman.... I see Madison pick his feet up into her hands and is slowly pulling him off... Mason lands face first into the ground, literally RIGHT on that little button nose....
BLOOD... SO MUCH BLOOD gushing out... both nostrils.... and so much?! SO... being the compassionate mother I am... I tell him to come towards me ;) (yea hind sight I probably should have gone to him) I meet him with some kleenex and begin talking to Madison about all the different ways this could have been handled...
I look back over to Mason and his eyeball is bloody... I think "weird" but maybe with all the gushing it splashed up? SO I wipe it.. and then I see BLOOD IS COMING OUT OF HIS TEAR DUCT...
What?!!? SO.. one hand is googling "blood in tear ducts" One hand is pinching kleenex on Mason's nose and quickly going through them, refreshing with a new one every few seconds... and the other hand (oh yes.. you are right, mom's only have 2 hands and yet somehow are to come up with this third hand at times like the) is soothing the older child who is a wee freaked out because she totally caused her bro's nose to gush blood... and it's getting everywhere.
... oh yes. At this point I realize I was suppose to be leaving. HA! Right on target... :/ 

Turns out the blood coming out the tear duct is just an overflow point!?!? When there is that much blood.... Yikes... 

Mason turned out fine... no broken nose and Madison has been reminded for the 1938th time that words (in a not whiney, tune it out immediately voice) make for a much better problem solving position.

Mason's nose bled for like 45 mins! And 30 mins of that we were going through paper towels and kleenex at SUCH a rapid rate... BEST bloody nose I've seen yet. They eye blood was what tipped the scale ;)

Always a new adventure in this house.









Sweet Roxy mo with her buddy Madison. She's such a love bug... both of them love cuddle time. 






No comments:

Post a Comment