Friday, March 18, 2011

This will be kind of a long blog… So I apologize in advance…
There were a lot of fun things that happened since I last blogged and I really wanted to share a few of them… So here goes…
I try to work out every morning. I try and do some sort of cardio and then a yoga routine. I am really enjoying yoga. I feel it is what keeps me less stressed and headache free, so I am really loving my yoga. Keeping that in mind.............. this is what usually happens. Madison works out with me! Which is great, she is my little pal at home and I love that she likes to copy me. However whenever I get on the floor for crunches or something  like that she starts giggling and sits right on top… sometimes I am even lucky enough that she bounces… It is like an extra ab-workout because I have to keep them flexed so she doesn’t “Heimlich Maneuver” me! I figure yoga must be really great because even though she is climbing on me and the cat is usually going crazy biting my moving feet, I still feel better and less stressed. It is a win win… most of the time. I guess sometimes the cat ends up locked in her room sometimes.

Here you see the face I see as I work out… She is my “trainer”!! Ha ha I would like to point out the orange “pitchfork” in one hand and the cheeks full of crackers! Ha ha ha a great trainer if I do say so myself!! “Move it mama!!”


This is how we spent Sunday! It was another beautiful warm day! It was 40 degrees!! We were so excited! Madison had a blast! It was finally warm enough for her to wear her snow gear instead of her snowman suit, which meant she could wear boots and walk on her own much better! Every step towards more independence makes her a very happy little girl! Here we pulled her around on the snow shovel… It was so much fun for all of us! She kept sliding right off and she thought it was hilarious! Every time she tried to walk back onto it and sit down it was so slick she would just fall right down… Again so funny to her… So she would try and try until one of us finally sat her down.

Every chance she gets she would reach and grab a snow clump! So very yummy apparently! We had to change gloves a couple times so her little fingers didn’t freeze. (Her hands aren’t big enough to work very well inside the waterproof gloves.. . for all of you wondering why we didn’t just do that)

We finally got some emotion out of her!! She always loves to go in the tractors, on the four-wheelers and motorcycles but we never get anything from her! She finally smiled, laughed, and talked!! It was so great! I got a couple videos too… Sometime I will post those. It was hilarious and we absolutely loved it!
It’s been so warm the last couple days that snow is melting and it is melting enough that we see ground patches! Madison was so intrigued! For way too much of her life snow has blanketed the earth! Ha ha ha… Here was her reaction to her new discovery!




Ha ha ha don’t you just laugh?? I mean you see the whole thing happen! She thinks… “Hmmm what is that stuff?? I bet it could taste good. Ohh it feels soft and squishy… Oh YUCK.. that doesn’t taste good at all! Mom get it off my tongue!”
The best part was watching her try to get it off. She had so much dirt and grass on her gloves it was impossible for her to get it off without putting more in her mouth… So I did help her out. Don’t worry, I’m not that mean! J

And here we all are walking home! Look at all that ground!!! How great is that?!?! Spring is in the air and another month or so and we might have NO snow!!! Yay for getting to go outside without 4 layers!!

This is the face that sums up our beautiful afternoon! We were all very happy and glad to have been able to go outside and enjoy some beautiful sunshine!
And to top it off as we were getting ready to head inside Madison looked up and pointed and then we looked and this huge bald eagle flew over us. It was amazing! He was only like 20-30 feet above us. It was really crazy! I was sad because I had my camera in my hand but it was too quick and I totally missed the opportunity. Overall it was a fun day in the sun…

5 comments:

  1. Wow it looks really cold there, I know you said it's warming up but we haven't had that much snow here for quite a few weeks! I love that you pulled madison around on the shovel so cute!! I am so glad you blog now :>
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally get the working out with the child jumping on you thing!! i finally gave up and now a gym membership hehe. and thats great that you get to go outside!! you are much braver then i to do it in the snow though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness!! this is so cute. thanks for sharing!! i hope i get to see you guys again soon!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, me again.... but the trainer picture is my favorite!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erika texted me your blog domain today saying I needed to check out a cute girl and my heck is she cute :) I love her darling little smile! Yeah for blogs and staying in touch ;)

    ReplyDelete